Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Morocco through sliding photography (a new concept?)

Here is a video from my last visit to Morocco, about a year ago (remember?). It contains some of the many blury pictures I shot while moving.
Sometimes you can see the possibility of a good picture, but you don't have the time or the camera to make it true. While in a car in Morocco, I thought "hey, my cell phone can shoot pictures and they don't have to be stable. I'm not going to publish them or anything, I will shoot them just to remind me the moment". So, I started shooting everything I saw. Some of these pictures turned out stable, but I didn;t find them nearly as interesting as the distorted ones. Distortion in time, space, geometry, motion, the prevalence of colors over the shapes and the bluring of the insignificant details give to these pictures an unintented but wellcomed quality.

2 comments:

Elina Mint said...

I really want to visit it

Cecilia said...

Thanks for sharing! I have been looking for some cool travel recommendations for a trip I am planning for next summer. Morocco looks so cool! Thanks for sharing, I will be sure to stop back to your site in the future to check out your other posts!

Post a Comment